A lot of exciting announcements this year at Microsoft Ignite here is a quick 1 min summary.
- Premium function plan now generally available - helps avoid the cold start problem enabling you to build truly event driven systems, also allows you to take advantage of premium features required for hi-performance and low latency processing
- PowerShell support in Azure Functions, now generally available
- Python 3.7 support, also improvements under the hood to enable the fast roll out of newer versions
- .NET Core 3.0 preview support enabling you to use the latest EF core and SQL features
- Azure Monitor logs now can easily be exported to other APM tools like Splunk
- Managed Certificate, an App Service feature, now enables you to ask Azure to buy and manage cert for your custom domain
Durable Function 2.0 Generally Available
- Durable entities allow you to persist state very useful to build stateful apps, IoT and implement Actor Model pattern.
- Upcoming reminder function for Durable Entities that can trigger a function after a specific interval, e.g. IoT device entity status if not received in 1-minute auto mark device as not available
If you got 15 minutes, The big serverless announcements video is worth a watch!